CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mt. Rainier

July 6, 2007


My dad came into town during our Campmeeting this year, and on my day off we went to Mt. Rainier. No one can believe this, including me, but in my almost ten years in this area, I had never been to Mt. Rainier. The day was beautiful for it and I got some amazing pictures.

Although we didn't really do much "real" hiking, we did walk about a half-mile up to the top of Christine Falls.


I had no idea they were such beautiful falls in the park, and they just keep going. After we hiked up, we realized that the best view of all was just off the road at a viewpoint, but as my dad says, we can say we saw a part most people don't take the time to see.


We made our way to Paradise and the top of the pass. We took another trail that went a little higher up the mountain to get some great pictures of the top. I love how you can see the blue of the glaciers!

We ate a picnic lunch and then made our way down the mountain. I have a lot of other great pictures of the flood damage, the valleys and of course the mountain itself, but I can only get so many on here at a time.


Pray for my dad this week. He starts a new batch of chemo treatments Tuesday and will be in the hospital for several days. He and I both appreciate it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I cant believe you walked all the way up there. Way to go. I want to see some yellowstone pictures next. dad