CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Twin Falls



The first hike I choose was to Twin Falls. (not Idaho :)) (The picture is the upper and smaller of the two falls.) The hike was probably the beginning of May in 2006 and supposed to be about 2.5 miles and I figured it would be a good start. What I didn't think about was elevation gains. The hike started and it was beautiful. The one thing I really like about the Northwest is its storybook trails.




Then came the fighting my way up the "mountain" (or what felt like a mountain to me). Finally I reached the top of what I discovered to be the first hill, figured I must be really close and headed back down the hill. Well, I didn't go very far before I started going up again, and then started the usual dialouge with myself. Something like this:

"I don't think I can make it."
"But you've already come this far, what if it's just around the next corner."
"Ok, but if it's not I'm turning around."


I usually repeat this after every corner until I either get where I'm going, or at least can see where it ends. This time, I was ready to walk to the edge of this rock and then I was going to turn around. I got to the rock, turned the corner, and I was standing on the bridge over the falls. Then I started crying. They were beautiful beyond anything I had expected. A couple of other hikers came soon after I got there and he told me the view was even better a little farther up. Well, now I had the adrenaline to do just about anything, and he was right about the other view. So after taking my time to just drink it all in (not literally of course) I had more than enough energy to make it back and couldn't wait to plan my next trip.

Lesson for this trip: It may be hard to get there, but it's always worth it in the end!

the lower and much larger of the falls
Soon to come: Tiger Mt. 1 and 2, and Wallace Falls

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, great blog. Your pictures are amazing and beautiful.nbp;iuygoutgcxutesuigdfkgf7rckjgvutciknvuyterkngk fikhuto 796t9bg 87t 754we 865r 56rftf89u6trf 976r iuutyr 97654ey 876r 87543ioyg98 78 86t 64we876 86754euy 876r 976r i 685tf 8 ityr 9986r i76r 9976r 8ytr 87tr 865er111ytr!!!!!!! (joel did this) Anyways, great job on the blog. Dana