CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The first post!

For the first post I wanted to tell you how I gotted started hiking and why I do it. Then, in the next few posts I'll catch you up on all the hikes I've already done.

I really don't know what it was that made me think,"I should take up hiking." I do know that as a kid I lived in Wyoming and my family spent a lot of time at campsites in the mountains. We went to Yellowstone National Park every summer at least once. Some of my best memories with my dad are of climbing rocks at Veedawoo (sorry dad, I don't remember how to spell it!) and exploring nature all over. So at some point last year I asked myself why I wasn't doing something I would obviously enjoy and started checking books out from the library. I figured I could spend every weekend hiking and by the end of the summer do an overnight hike. ok, so I set my sights a little too high. As you will soon find out, I do that a lot. Anyway, each one of my hikes, so far, have turned into an adventure, and God has met me on each one and spoke to me. You'll be hearing all about that here to.

I hope you like hearing about my journey's and seeing the pictures (I'm an amateur at that too), and please leave comments if you see something you like, have questions, or just want to say hi.

0 comments: