CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Been 5 Months!

Can you believe it? A new post from me!




After a crazy winter, spring has returned, and I am ready for a new season. A HUGE thanks to all of you out there who were praying for my dad and our family as he went through his transplant. I am excited to report that he went through the proceedure with flying colors. They actually sent him home a little early (which is unheard of for the doctor he had) and he's now back in Boise doing well. I am so proud of how he stuck it out, and kept a good attitude even though his body was literally rebelling against itself. We really felt the peace of God through the whole ordeal and I know that you were praying for us. He still doesn't have much energy, but that is to be expected at this point.


For Christmas, my best friend Dana gave me a photo shoot, so the pictures you are seeing are from that. Didn't she do a great job? (You can catch the link to her blog at the bottom of the page called gabbysmiracle) The pictures were taken from the top of the building my parents were staying in called The Pete Gross House. My mother hates how she looks in pictures, but I think she's beautiful.

So, other than taking care of my dad and church stuff, there hasn't been a whole lot else I've done in the last five months. I haven't done any photography stuff, but I have been doing some graphic design. I even got paid for some of it. If you go to www.aplaceofhope.com I did the header for the page and the little box on the right with the pink tulips. I had a lot of requirements for what had to be included in it, but I'm proud of the background and the logo. (And the picture of the tulips is mine from last Easter!)

Now that we've gotten my dad all fixed up and shipped off I am excited for the summer and what's to come. There are a lot of plans in place for the summer with the church and just life in general, so be on the lookout for many new blogs to come. And of course, a new hiking season is on the way. Last Saturday the weather was actually nice enough to go hiking in, but I am in the middle of Spring Cleaning and couldn't go. But, the hope is there that there won't be too many more weeks before the weather gets a little more consistent. (Of course, the weather report is calling for more snow next week, but there's always hope!)

So, thanks to all of you who have been checking on this blog for the last five months to no avail. I promise to not wait so long before the next one! I love you all! (Yes, that's the Space Needle in the background. Mom and I got to watch the New Year's fireworks from here.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! These pics of you and your mom and dad turned out great! I hope all is well! Love you Jen

Unknown said...

Nice pic's Laura! Glad your dad is doing good. Maybe it will warm up in the next couple months and you can go hiking!!
Love, Gina

kiran said...

Hey Laura:)
I love the pictures of you, your dad and mom they are great. And oh yes i agree that your mom is beautiful in every single pic......just like you!:) I really enjoyed looking at those pics.. I am really glad that your dad is doing much better:) I hope you have a great day I am about to check out your logo design thing......
love ya tons
kiran:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I do like the pictures you posted, mainly because of you being in them with us and also becuase of who took them. It was fun. Bet you can't wait to go hiking. I am so glad we made it through the long ole winter. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Lots of love, Mom (which we all know is Wow upside down.

Anonymous said...

Laura, Loved the new entry! Your dad is so handsome without hair! I really mean that. And look at you! You are beautiful! I'm so proud of you and your mom and dad. I agree that your mom (wow) is beautiful too. She was always the prettiest Oskolkoff sister, also the nicest. I will be watching for all those hiking entries. I love you, A. Melanya