CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last Hike of the Summer

August 17, 2007

(I think)

I finally got these pictures off of my camera today. I knew this would be the last chance I would have for a hike this summer, so off I went. I am going to have to get you better details later, because I don't remember the name of the hike, but I do remember it had two selling points. The first one was called "Mossy Falls," and the second was an overlook. (Check out this tree that grew over the trail. It actually has another tree growing on top of it!) The hike was a pretty good distance, but beautiful, and I saw more animals on this hike than any before. Mostly just rabbits and frogs, but still, it was enough to scare me to death a couple times. The other thing about this hike was there was a lot of steep up and which wouldn't be a problem except that my fall in Yellowstone left me a little skiddish. There was one hill that took me a good 15 minutes to get down. But, it was good for me.
I got to the place where Mossy Falls was except...it wasn't. It appeared the creek had already dried up for the summer and all that was left was a bunch of black mossy boulders. Oh, well, there was still the lookout, right? I climbed up to the lookout and guess what I saw....trees. Yes, the trees had overgrown the lookout, and you couldn't see a thing. There was a lovely bench there though which I sat on to eat my lunch. Another hiker came along and rested there as well. After chatting a little while we discovered that we had a lot in common. He had family in the Boise area, went to BSU. He also had lived in Wyoming for awhile and had attened UW (the REAL UW, right dad?). How crazy is that? He was even getting ready to fly down to Boise to attend the BSU/UW game! It was a nice suprise for the end of the season.

Now, I'm just looking forward to next summer.

Oh, and keep a look out for my pictures from Mexico coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was curios how long was this hike and how long did it take you. The pictures are so pretty! Can't wait to see where you hike in Mexico. (To the pool?!) Have fun. MOM

Anonymous said...

Maybe the hike was to the frozen drink stand. That would be my choice! Can't wait for the pics! Love, A. Melanya